The Top 4 Umbrella Picnic Tables Reviewed
Who doesn’t love a picnic? What better way to enjoy the outdoors than to have your own picnic table, one complete with an umbrella to protect you from the sun’s harsh rays. We’ve taken a look at some of the options that are available, and reviewed them so you can make your own decision. While not all of them come with an umbrella, all have the appropriate hole to allow the use of an umbrella. Read on to find our picks.
Best Umbrella Picnic Tables
The Lifetime Picnic Table has all of the features you need in a lightweight, portable, foldable package. This table comes in many different colors, so it will never clash with your yard or deck theme. It’s perfect for parties, as the plastic top makes it easy to clean. It can stay outside all year round, since it’s made of a durable plastic, but it folds flat to take up minimal space in the garage, basement, or attic.
When shopping for a picnic table, you want it to have several key features: portability, durability, affordability, and customizability. This table meets all of these requirements. It’s made of a lightweight plastic and hollow metal tubing, so you’ll have no problem moving it around the yard, and the plastic is easy to clean and doesn’t stain. It’s also impervious to adverse weather conditions. For a table of this quality, the cost is well worth the advantages this table has to offer. The Lifetime table comes in enough colors that color coordination is no issue, and it has a hole in the middle for an umbrella. Adding an umbrella makes this table even more unique and customizable.
The Lifetime Picnic Table will last a long time, with its durable materials and resistance to staining or warping. This makes it a much better choice than a wooden table, which could be stained by something like red wine, which could wipe right off a plastic table. Plastic won’t rot through, whereas wood will, and wood warps, another problem that you don’t have to worry about with the Lifetime Folding Picnic Table.
One of the main disadvantages to buying a plastic table is that it may look cheaper than a fancy wooden table. This is barely a problem, however, because of the advantages of buying a plastic table, such as the sustainability. Also, the Lifetime table comes in many colors, and you can add a table cloth and umbrella for added elegance, making it the clearly superior choice.
Having a picnic table in your yard is truly beneficial. It gives plenty of extra seating, with space for food, drinks, toys, or anything else. You don’t want a table that appears cheap, and you want a table that matches your decorative theme. But in addition, it’s important to buy a table that will last, so that your money is well spent. The Lifetime Folding Picnic Table is perfect for any yard, deck, or patio. You can paint it, put an umbrella in it, lay a tablecloth on it, clean it with ease, leave it outside, and even transport it with almost no effort. These features make it the perfect table for all occasions.
- Stronger and more durable than wood, they will not split, chip or peel.
- Features an assembled depth of 72 inches and assembled height of 29 inches with assembled width of 30 inches
- Easy to maintain
- Easy to clean
- Folds flat for storage
The Stansport Picnic Table is ideal for camping, tailgating, or even just having lunch in your backyard. It has an aluminum frame, which makes it light enough to transport anywhere with ease, and comes with a wide umbrella. Each bench can support two hundred pounds of weight, so it’s perfect for having several guests over for a barbecue.
The Stansport is portable, making it a very appealing choice for a picnic table. However, it comes in a green color that might not match your yard’s theme, and the umbrella is not large enough to cover the entire table. While this table may be the ideal table for those on the go for sports games or camping, it doesn’t make a good permanent picnic table in the yard.
- Portable, folding picnic table for four adults with a 56-inch diameter umbrella
- Table features anodized, locking, aluminum frame construction
- Heavy-duty high impact plastic umbrella is height adjustable up to 75 inches and blocks UV rays
- Table top measures 33 by 25 by 16 inches (L x W x H); folds compactly for storage or transport
- One-year warranty against manufacturer defects
The Best Choice Products Picnic Table is entirely made from a light wood, making it relatively mobile around the yard. This picnic table is also convertible. It folds easily into a nice wooden garden bench. The table has an umbrella hole cut into the center, so placing an umbrella within it for shade is an easy task.
If you have limited space in your yard, this is the picnic table for you. It’s light and portable with relative ease, and it converts into a cute bench. The light wood color matches almost any yard theme. However, the wood might not be the best choice for rainy climates, because it could warp and rot over time, compromising the integrity of the table. It also does not have the weight capacity of a metal or plastic table.
- 2-IN-1 TRANSFORMING CAPABILITY: Unique furniture starts as a picnic table and transforms to a garden bench in seconds, allowing you and guests to enjoy lunch or simply lounge outside
- HIGH-QUALITY COMPOSITION: Sturdy natural wood holds up to 4 people when used as a picnic table and 2 people when used as a bench; made lightweight to allow for easy mobility
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: Combining a bench and table together makes this outdoor furniture piece perfect for smaller spaces of your backyard, patio, garden, or deck
- BUILT-IN UMBRELLA HOLE: 1.5-diameter hole in the tabletop/backrest will fit most standard umbrellas, so you can protect the area from the sun's harmful rays
- PERFECT FOR DIY PROJECTS: The natural wood design is ideal for customization; paint it any color or style to help it complement any outdoor space perfectly; TABLE DIMENSIONS: 57"(L) x 54"(W) x 30.25"(H), BENCH DIMENSIONS: 54"(L) x 27"(W) x 33"(H); Weight Capacity: 380 lbs.
If you like DIY projects, you could always make your own picnic table. The 2x4basics Custom Picnic Table Kit is perfect for this. It comes with the brackets necessary to build the table, and the instructions to help you do so. The brackets are made of high quality resin, which is weather resistant.
The obvious benefit to this table design is that you can design the table yourself. You can make it as long as you want, you can put an umbrella hole in it if you want, you can stain it or paint it whatever color you want. It is completely customizable. However, this table doesn’t come with the wood necessary to actually build it, and it will be heavier than a plastic or light metal table. Using wood will cause it to be susceptible to rot and warping over time, and it won’t have the weight capacity of a plastic or metal table.
- Made of maintenance-free structural resin
- 2 year limited
- Manufactured in United States
Some of the picnic tables we mentioned do not come with an umbrella. In that case, in addition to the umbrella, you need to think about what sort of umbrella base you will choose. Here’s a video that provides some tips on choosing an umbrella base.
The best picnic table that allows use of an umbrella is the Lifetime Folding Picnic Table. It is strong and durable, and it is light and customizable. While it lacks the extreme portability of the Stansport table, it is better quality and more customizable. It may not be as elegant as the wood tables, but it will last longer and is much easier to clean. You can’t design it yourself, like the 2x4basics table kit, but it is much easier to assemble and can still be customized through the use of fancy umbrellas and table cloths. This table is ideal for events, extra room, or just for a shady place to relax and read. This is the picnic table everyone needs in their yard. Buy one before the next sunny day when you wish you had one!