The Top 3 Steamers for Bed Bugs Reviewed
Some things are common wherever you go, but are still not thought of until seemingly too late. Bed bugs are one of these things. Heat via steam is a well known method of dealing with bed bugs. If you want to find the best steamer for bed bugs, here’s three for you to check out.
Best Steamers for Bed Bugs
As the name suggests this is a handheld unit. You can hold the entire unit with one hand while using the hoses and attachments with the other. This steam cleaner uses only around 1,000 watts of power to provide pressurized steam up to 270F. It comes with an extension hose, three nozzles for various use, a fabric steaming tool and a 9.5 foot power cord. You also have a handle mounted safety lock and safety cap to ensure no pets or kids are hurt by the steam.
Handheld units are great for when you have small spaces to maneuver or want to move quickly from spot to spot. This steam cleaner is one of the best because of the size allowing you to cover more ground with greater ease.
You can use this unit like a hand vacuum with the attachments. The ability to generate steam quickly allows you to work quickly around the room. It works on multiple surfaces including bedding, furniture and windows. Just don’t use it on cold hard surfaces to avoid surface cracking.
While there is enough steam, the steamer needs to be close to the surface being cleaned. The really hot steam, that kills the bed bugs, only extends about an inch away from the nozzle.
- ★Nine free accessories: Tools adapt cleaner to every situation, including stairs, carpet, clothing, car interior and rims, etc. Gets into hard to reach areas.
- ★Multi-surface use: Works on every surface including laminate, hardwood, fabric, upholstery, wall paper, car, window, ceramic, linoleum, glass, marble and granite.
- ★Chemical free and safe: The Comforday steamer is completely nature and secured with a safety lock and safety cap.
- ★Powerful hot steam: Heat and pressure gets the job done faster. QUICKSTEAM technology offers 1050W of power; providing pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 15-20 minutes.
- ★Cuts through dirt: Tackle the biggest messes such as grout, grease and stains easily and quickly.
The MC1275 is a “big boy.” It uses 1500 watts of power and heats up in eight minutes to provide 200F steam. With 18 accessories your unit can reach into many corners, seams, nooks and crannies; not to mention flat surfaces. The MC1275 uses regular water, as opposed to some units which require distilled water. The “steam ready” indicator lets you know when you can set it loose, with a control switch to allow for how much pressurized steam you want. It has a 15 foot power cord and a 48 ounce water tank; making it the unit you’d want for larger areas or more coverage.
This unit is a floor model, complete with wheels. While not heavy it can be bulky when you use some of the attachments. A recommendation would be to centrally locate this unit so you can reach multiple surfaces without moving it. Set in the center of a living room, or between beds, the MC1275 would be handy without tiring out your arm.
There are enough attachments to reach crevices where bed bugs could hide like shower doors, couch cushions, faucet details, built-in items around bedding and in campers.
Be warned though, it can be loud due to the steam.
As for bed bugs, the temperature and pressure doesn’t need to be as high as for other cleaning jobs. The amounts provided with this unit will kill bugs when directly applied.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED — Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean and sanitize without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, stains, and mold from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning. Water Fill Method- Measuring Cup (16 oz).Steam Pressure- 43 psi
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- SUPERIOR REACH — An extra-long 15.7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places. Steam Rate- 33-37 g/min. Steam Pressure- 43 psi
The PrimoSteam is the biggest unit of the bunch here with a ½ gallon tank and 18 foot power cord. It comes with adjustable steam output and can be run for a full hour. This one also has built-in storage for it’s accessories.
This would be one of the best steamers for bed bugs in a house with large open areas, large beds or wrap-around couches where you need to cover lots of ground quickly.
The extension tube is quite flexible, enabling you to reach a range of area from one spot. Overextending, or overly flexing the hose could cause damage to the hose easilly.
The MR100 is great for large areas but not so much for small apartments or campers where floor space is at a premium.
The wheels of this unit are large and cause ergonomic issues with very little clearance around the unit and the floor making the MR100 hard to move when full. But the extended attachments and power cord help eliminate this issue. Centrally locate your unit in the room to help you.
- All New Stronger Tools & Accessories
- Improved Larger Floor Head Design
- Cleans & Sanitizes The Entire Home Without Chemicals
- Removes Dirt, Grease, Grime & Stains
- Kills Bed Bugs, Germs, Dust Mites, Mold & Mildew
Once you have your steamer, you can see how to use it to effectively get rid of those pesky bed bugs in this video below.
Finding the best steamer for bed bugs mainly depends on where and when you intend to use it. There are options for everything from large open spaces and items down to travel sizes. Each of these units carries enough power to do the job at hand.