The Top 5 Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks
When it comes to visual appeal, is there anything that tops stainless steel? At least, when it comes to kitchen appliances (especially sinks). If your current sink is not stainless steel and you are looking to upgrade, then you may want to keep reading. Down below, I have chosen five premium stainless steel kitchen sinks.
Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks
Kicking off this list is a company (Kraus) that makes all of their sinks to remain beautiful while handling the toughest of messes. Their 30-inch Undermount Single Bowl model is no exception. Made out of heavy-duty 16-gauge T-304 stainless steel, this sink will be able to handle anything you give it; while being dent-resistant to the toughest materials you put into it. While in operation, this sink will not annoy you with its excess noise because it doesn’t have any. Its built-in NoiseDefend soundproofing technology accomplishes that with flying colors.
Honestly, it’s quite difficult to come up with drawbacks to this immaculate sink. When you are using it, you won’t find very many. If I had to warn you about something, though, it’s that the bottom of the sink is completely flat. So, some of the debris that is in your sink will have to be washed down with the extendable hose. It would have been nice if there was an incline near the drain to easily push the excess food and liquids down it.
- DIMENSIONS: 30 in. L x 19 in. W x 10 in. D; Minimum Cabinet Size: 33 in.
- WORKSTATION SINK with integrated ledge allows you to slide custom accessories across the sink to streamline meal prep and cleanup without losing space on the kitchen counter – 5-PIECE CHEF’S KIT INCLUDES: ROLL-UP DISH DRYING RACK perfect for rinsing produce, drying dishes, and protecting countertops from hot items; BAMBOO CUTTING BOARD won’t crack or warp, resists odors and bacteria; DISH GRID, STRAINER and DRAIN COVER
- SPACIOUS SINGLE BOWL: Deep sink with tight-radius corners and offset drain creates an uninterrupted workspace for washing your largest cookware, like stock pots and baking sheets – UNDERMOUNT INSTALLATION creates a seamless transition from sink to countertop – SMART DESIGN adds valuable counter space by allowing you to work right over the sink, perfect for a kitchen of any size
- HEAVY-DUTY 16 GAUGE STEEL – Made with TRU16, the thickest stainless steel on the market, this workhorse of a sink is highly resistant to corrosion and dents – RUST-RESISTANT FINISH is easy to clean and will not dull from daily use – STAINLESS STEEL BOTTOM GRID protects sink surface and keep dishes elevated for optimal draining
- ENGINEERED FOR EASY DRAINING with off-set drain, gently sloped bottom, and channel grooves that prevent water from pooling in the sink – FULLY INSULATED with proprietary NOISEDEFEND SOUNDPROOFING, including extra-thick pads and protective undercoating that absorb noise and vibration when sink is in use
You will notice right away that the Zuhne Single Bowl Sink has many similarities to the Kraus Single Bowl Sink. Outside of the obvious (both being undermount, 30-inch single bowl sinks), it has a scratch-resistant 16-gauge body that provides 25 percent more steel than many of the competitors. For your kitchen, this sink is truly the complete package. It will protect your cabinets from condensate damage, give you a lot of countertop space to work with, blend in with all of your other appliances with its stainless steel finish and dampen the noise whenever you use it. Other accessories (such as a strainer, towel, sponge holder, etc.) are also included with your purchase.
Once again, there are not too many downsides to this wonderful sink. One that does stick out that you should definitely be aware of, though, is that the drain is made out of cheap plastic. Once it’s glued down and in the correct position, it shouldn’t be too much of an issue, but remember plastic is not the most durable substance in the world!
- MODERN SINK SET Large deep basin, tight radius corners, x-fast drain, garbage disposal compatible, functional accessories; Same brushed stainless as premium kitchen appliances
- BEST REVIEWS Rated 9.8 of 10 on Amazon published Kitchen Sink Buying Guide – higher than ANY other brand; Better Business Bureau A+ rating; Inc5000 fastest growing company
- QUIETEST SINK GLOBALLY Cancel noise, vibration from daily use; 2.5x superior insulation; Drain boiling water, flush ice or defrost without damaging cabinets
- ULTRA DURABLE Solid 16 Gauge T304 18-10 surgical grade stainless top to bottom; Not a thick rim with thin body; Rust and corrosion proof, dent and scratch resist
- SAFEST CHOICE Certified US, Canada code compliant; Daily support from US call center; Lifetime warranty; Gentle wipe keeps sink sparkling and hygienic forever; Independently rated ‘Best kitchen sink in the last few years’
For those of you looking for a sink that is just a touch larger, you may be looking for the 32-inch model from Ufaucet. Much like the others, it is built with premium grade T-304 stainless steel (which is scratch-resistant). Also, it’s sound insulated with 3 millimeters of thick rubber dampening pads. When in operation, there is no excess noise that you have to be concerned about. The drain has a standard 3-1/2” opening and should fit your garbage disposal system (if you have one). If you do so happen to have issues with this (within the first 99 days of use), you can get your money back.
Truthfully, there is pretty much nothing wrong with this sink. The issues come with the accessories (or lack thereof). First of all, you should know that there isn’t an included drain rack. Maybe this is a good thing because the accessories that do come with this are generally low-quality. I would recommend this for the sink itself, but you may want to buy the accessories separately (from a different supplier).
- Nano Titanium Plating Surface: Constructed by premium T304 stainless steel in 16 gauge and finished by nano titanium plating fully coating surface, extremely scratch and oil proof surface, highly durable,Steel Construction,Scratch Resistan.
- Exterior Dimensions: 32" x 19" x 10"; Interior Dimensions: 30"L x 17"W x 10"; 10 Inch Extra Deep Single Bowl.
- Sound Insulated: With 3mm Thick Rubber Dampening Pads & Stone Guard Undercoating,easily isolate noise.
- Standard 3-1/2" Drain Opening That Fits the Most Common Garbage Disposal System,Includes Drain and Grid,Quick drainage and easy cleaning.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE--30 days return and money back guarantee.
Not all of you have a single sink, so the previous three entries were completely worthless to you. However, let’s change that, shall we? If you have a double sink, then there are some great stainless steel sinks available to you. One of them is the Moen 22-Gauge model. For exact measurements, this is 33 inches by 22 inches. Like the rest, the design is made out of stainless steel and it has built-in sound-dampening technology. To accommodate for a wide range of faucets, it has a three-hole design. For precautions, it’s backed up by Moen’s limited lifetime warranty.
The biggest issue with this sink will be noticed right away. As a matter of fact, it has nothing to do with the sink when it’s installed. The issue comes with the installation process itself as the clips that are designed to fit over the countertop, are very small. Chances are, you will have to improvise a little bit to properly make them fit. Depending on your creativity, this can end up being a deal breaker for you.
- EASY FIT: 22 gauge steel fits into most countertop materials
- NOISE REDUCTION: Features SoundSHIELD, assuring exceptional noise reduction and quiet dependability
- LONGSTANDING DURABILITY: Stainless steel construction for added durability
- PEACE-OF-MIND: Designed for hassle-free installation
- BUILT TO LAST: Backed by Moen's Limited Lifetime Warranty
For those of you who have double bowl sinks, here is another option for you: The Kraus 33-inch model. For starters, the stainless steel provides maximum durability and the deep basins make cleaning large dishes a breeze. To reduce condensation build-up, each one of the sinks has Stone Guard coating. Also, both of the bowls are corrosion-resistant. What’s really cool about this specific model is it allows you to accommodate for different tasks with its 60/40 split basin design. With your purchase, you will also get a number of excellent accessories (towel, drain assembly and strainer).
Installation is again the main issue with this sink. If you don’t have clips or tracks on your current sink, then you may have to cut your countertop. Depending on the type of material (laminate, tile, granite, etc.) this can either be simple or a major pain. Also, if your sink is not already a 60/40 split then you will have to purchase an extension for your drain.
- INDESTRUCTIBLE CONSTRUCTION: Dent-resistant T304 stainless steel in TRU16 real 16-gauge (always 1.5mm thick) for superior strength and durability
- COMMERCIAL GRADE SATIN FINISH: Resilient and easy to clean, corrosion and rust-resistant; matches most kitchen appliances
- QUIETEST SINK: NoiseDefend soundproofing technology with non-toxic SoundGuard undercoating and extra-thick pads covering over 80% of the sink
- FREE ACCESSORIES: Multi-functional dish grids (x2) protect sink bottom, 3 piece basket strainer set, drain assembly with strainer, premium Kraus kitchen towel – LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY and customer service that puts you first
- Outer Sink Dimensions: 32 3/4” L x 19” W x 10” D. Min Cabinet Size: 36”; Versatile oversized double bowl sink perfect for multi-tasking, soaking and washing your largest pots and pans
How to Replace & Install a Kitchen Sink / Cast-Iron to Stainless-Steel
This video will show you how to replace and install a new kitchen sink with a stainless-steel one!
Whether you have a single sink or a double sink, there are great options for everyone. If you are looking to upgrade to a stainless steel sink, then you won’t find many versions better than these five.