The Top 3 Projection Alarm Clocks Reviewed
For me, waking up can be a traumatic experience. Have I slept in? I’m too near-sighted to simply glance at the clock. That’s why I’m interested in projection alarm clocks – no more rummaging around for my glasses in the dark to see the time. That’s where projection clocks come in.
Best Projection Alarm Clocks
This projection clock from Mesqool features three dimmer settings and a radio. It has a 180-degree swivel base which can be angled to project the digital clock face onto the wall or ceiling. It also has a USB charger which is suitable for smartphone and tablet docking. The radio has a simple analog AM/FM tuner.
Pros and Cons
I think the main attraction about this clock are the dimmer settings. It’s difficult to know what brightness is right for you when you’re not in your darkened bedroom – what seems dim in a store might look like a floodlight when you try to sleep. The three dimmer settings eliminate the risk of it being too bright or dim.
The downside is that the display itself isn’t particularly pretty. It’s a 12-hour, digital display in red. It’s not exactly the most esthetically pleasing sight to wake up to, but it does its job and you can always switch it off if it annoys you. Also, the radio is analog, so if you prefer digital, you may be disappointed.
- ☆CHILL WITH 𝗔𝗠/𝗙𝗠 𝗥𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗢 & PRESET 20 RADIO STATION -- Enjoy a digital AM/FM Radio by choosing from a wide range of free music, talk shows, sports, stories, morning talk shows, broadcasts, weather forecast, traffic and much more((AM radio frequency:520-1710Khz,FM Radio frequency:87.5-108MHz). You can also preset 10AM and 10FM stations for quick and easy access next time.please extend the TV antenna on the back to get enhanced radio signal.
- ☆180° ADJUSTABLE ANGLE & ULTRA-CLEAR 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗝𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡---The 180-degree swivel projector Project clear and non-obtrusive time onto your walls or ceiling, guarantee clear and cool view of the time even laying on the bed.You can rotate the projection in both directions and flip the orientation so the numbers are always right-side-up. additionally designed with focus dial to adjust clarity of projection numbers as well.
- ☆SLEEK 7’’ DISPLAY & 𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗣𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞 and BATTERY BACKUP SETTING --- 7” Ultra-Large White LED display is easy to read without putting glasses on from far distance. pick from 3 optional dimming levels by pressing DIMMER button to get comfortable level without disturbing your sleep,connect your cellphone to the USB port at night and wake up with fully charged in the morning.it is a plug in clock,batteries only backup time and alarm setting when power outages.
- ☆𝗥𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗢 𝗔𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗠 or 𝗕𝗨𝗭𝗭𝗘𝗥 𝗔𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗠 & 15 LEVEL ADJUSTABLE ALARM VOLUME ---This digital alarm clock features different dual alarms for you and your partner. Allowing you to set alarms by Waking to a predefined buzzer sound or radio sound , Optional alarm vlolme LEVEL 1 - LEVEL 15 for you to set as your preference,especially the loudest alarm volume LEVEL15 (80DB) is designed for heavy sleepers. alarm rings incrementally louder, it will not scare you awake from sweet sleep.
- ☆𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗼-𝗢𝗳𝗳 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗿------ while playing radio,press SLEEP button to activate sleep timer functions,with 90-80-70-60-50-40-30-20-10 minutes listening duration,radio will turn off automatically after the specified timer.
This clock also has a display that can be dimmed, and this time it’s in blue. It also has a 180-degree swivel base. The radio has both digital and analog settings, plus the clock can support music input from iPads, smartphones etc. Another cool feature is that it will automatically set itself to display the correct time.
The Good and the Bad
Once again, there is only one color option for the display, so if you don’t like blue, you are stuck with it. It can be dimmed though, which is an important feature if you struggle to sleep with any kind of light in your room. The radio alarm is a good option, too, as plenty of people can’t stand buzzers. This radio is digital, so you’re not limited to whichever stations broadcast on FM/AM in your vicinity. If it loses power in the night, it will automatically correct itself. Another small, but nice, touch, is that the clock displays the room temperature – it’s always important to be prepared on those winter mornings!
- Feature-rich alarm clock radio that offers a large, crystal clear 3.6" blue LCD display that can be dimmed to adjust to your brightness preference
- Project time or even temperature onto your walls or ceiling so that the time will always be in full view. 180-degree swivel projection means you'll never have to roll over to view the time again.
- Automatically adjusts to Daylight Savings Time & includes pre-programmable daily dual alarm option with weekend cancellation for you and your partner - wake to radio, buzzer, time projection
- Listen to your favorite music using your iPhone, iPad, Android, or MP3 device through the 3.5mm AUX input or using the built in AM/FM radio with digital tuning
- Advanced SelfSet technology automatically displays the correct time/date and this clock even restores alarm settings after power loss (built-in Lithium battery)
One of the features I like about this clock – and the main reason I included it, is that it shows you both indoor and outdoor temperatures on the display. The way I see it is, if you’re going to get a frosty shock at some point in the morning, you may as well be both psychologically and physically prepared for it. It also automatically updates itself automatically and can be set to both 12 and 24-hour display settings.
Is It Worth It or Not?
This clock has features that many others don’t – but that plenty of people find appealing, such as the 24-hour display option and the temperature displays. There is a 180-degree swivel arm which enables you to project the display on your wall or your ceiling as you see fit, and the display can be set to just show the time, if you want. It has an LED backlight, but it’s not particularly bright. One negative is that it doesn’t have any docking features for smart devices, however, unlike many other clocks.
- Wireless outdoor temperature (°F/°C), Monitors indoor temperature (°F/°C)
- Projects time and outdoor temperature (alternating) on wall or ceiling in easy to read numbers
- Projection and arm rotate for proper viewing, Automatic focus of projection
- Atomic time and date with manual setting, Automatically updates for Daylight Saving Time (on/off option)
- 12/24 time display, Perpetual calendar, Time zone setting, Time alarm with snooze, AC power adapter included
Once you get your projection alarm clock, you may be wondering how to change the time, date, alarm, etc. This video shows you how to set one model by La Crosse; most models can be set up similarly.
The main things to remember when you’re choosing a projection alarm clock are to choose a convenient display that won’t keep you awake, and to make sure the alarm wakes you up in the manner you want. The option to have your clock automatically set the time is a useful feature, too – that way you’ll have no excuses to be late for work!