The Top 5 Ceiling Fans for Low Ceilings Reviewed
Ceiling fans are great for helping us stay cool and warm when needed. But what if you have a really low ceiling, like six or seven feet off the floor? You need a fan that hugs the ceiling, but there aren’t many to choose from. Here’s a few of the best ceiling fans for low ceilings.
Best Ceiling Fans for Low Ceilings
The “Hugger” has a 52 inch radius with a classic white finish on the body. The blades have a white finish on one side and a bleached oak finish on the other depending on the tone you want to set. You can illuminate a room with the opal frosted dome light, although the bulb is not included.
The blades themselves have the standard three hole pattern so you can change them out with other styles if you choose.
You can use an aftermarket remote with this ceiling fan but a remote is not included with the fan.
This fans base sits flat against the ceiling so you want to have a flat surface to mount it upon. No poles or extensions are required for mounting.
The pull cord will take some adapting to as it goes through the housing assembly at an angle. But it does work smoothly once you get the hang of it.
Noise might be a slight problem if you are looking for something with little or no noise as the motor of this fan does have a minor hum.
- 5 reversible blades with white finish on one side and bleached oak finish on the other
- 3-speed reversible control for versatile airflow
- Flush mount installation for low ceilings
- Multi-capacitor for quiet operation and maximum air movement
- Uses a medium-base bulb (not included)
This is one of the best ceiling fans for low ceilings when it comes to “man caves” or when you want to have a piece that fits in with an antique or old world style. The detailing reminds you of something from the Roman Empire.
This ceiling fan also has a 42 inch radius with reversible blades. You can have either burnished cherry or aged cherry with this fan.
A bowl light kit is included with this fan also, which takes two 60 watt incandescent bulbs. You get two bulbs to start with. If you don’t want the light-fixture there is a no-light cap included that you can swap out for the bowl.
The Onyx Bengal doesn’t come with a remote, but can be adapted for a wall mounted control. The included pull cord may be shorter than some comparable fans.
- MODERN CEILING FAN: The contemporary Conroy fan comes with LED light covered by swirled marble glass that will keep home interior current and inspired; Measures 42 x 42 x 14.32 Inch
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: Whisper Wind motor delivers ultra-powerful airflow with quiet performance; Change the direction from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter
- LED BOWL LIGHT KIT: Energy-efficient dimmable LED light bulbs let you control the lighting and ambiance of the living space; The long lasting bulbs have longer lifespan than traditional bulbs
- PULL CHAIN CONTROL: Turn the ceiling fan on/off and adjust the speed quickly and easily with the pull chains
- ROOM PLACEMENT: Indoor fan is designed to be used in rooms with low ceilings, the low-profile housing fits flush to the ceiling; Ideal fan for living room, lounge, bedroom, children's room and nursery
A couple of features allow the Concept II to be among the best ceiling fans for low ceilings. First is the 10.5 inch height, making it work well in most any location. Second is that this fan comes in two size radius. You can get either the standard 52 inch radius or a smaller 44 inch radius for the blades.
This is also the ceiling fan to get if you want remote control. These fans can be programmed to work with a hand held remote. The drawback to this is that each fan must be on a separate frequency with the remote or you will have multiple fans running at once.
For those of you wanting sleek simple design the Concept II comes in one uniform color, but there are a few colors and finishes available.
This ceiling fan has a 14 degree blade pitch.
The optional frosted glass lens covers one 100 watt mini halogen bulb, which is included in the kit. A solid lid is also included if you don’t want the light feature.
Two potential drawbacks with the lighting are that the light must work with the remote only, and the heat from the lamp can become hot enough damage the globe when left on too long.
- 172mm x 20mm Motor, 5710 CFM, 55 Total Watts, 104 CFM Per Watt
- Includes: Three, Vaneer Silver Blades - (52" Span / 14Â° Blade Pitch)
- Includes: RCS212 - Three-speed hand-held remote with full-range light dimming and reverse function
- (1) 14 W LED Bulb with White Opal Glass
- No Extra Accessories are Available for this Model
The “Snugger” is for those of you who want a simple style that can fit just about anywhere. That’s what makes this one of the best ceiling fans for low ceilings. Another feature to talk about is the fact that this fan is only 8 inches high, making it perfect for nearly any height requirement you have.
With dark-cherry and medium-oak reversible blades, this 52 inch radius ceiling fan would fit into both light and darker rooms. The housing and hardware are oil-rubbed bronze.
While the “Snugger” is equipped with just a simple pull chain, it is adaptable to wall mounted controls. There is also the ability to switch between the light-fixture and an end cap if you don’t need the lighting.
There is a 12 degree pitch with the blades on this ceiling fan.
- 52-inch ceiling fan designed for low-ceiling applications
- 5 reversible blades with dark-cherry/medium-oak finish; 12-degree pitch
- Oil-rubbed bronze housing and hardware; easy to install
- On/off pull chain; 3 speed settings; light-fixture and wall-control adaptable
- Measures 52 inches wide by 8 inches high; limited lifetime motor warranty
The Roanoke makes the list of best ceiling fans for low ceilings because it is the only one here you can put either indoors or outside on the porch or patio. It’s weather resistant blades have a 52 inch radius and come in a unique reversible match for versatility – natural iron or walnut.
If you’re wondering, the Roanoke does come with a wet rating for outdoor use and is the only one here to have such a rating.
There is a 13.5 degree pitch with these blades.
The lighting feature is both a plus and a minus with this ceiling fan. The plus being that you have three 40 watt incandescent bulbs included with the kit. The minus is that there is no option for installation without the light kit. The light kit itself is a dome-style amber scavo glass.
The barrel shaped case above the blades mounts directly to the ceiling, giving this fan it’s low clearance.
You can adapt this ceiling fan to a wall-control unit but it does not work remotely.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Once you’ve made your choice and obtained your ceiling fan, you can watch this video for tips on installation.
Each of these fans comes with a limited lifetime warranty for the motor and a one year limited warranty for the remainder of the parts.
So a few choices are available when you want a good ceiling fan for a low ceiling. Each has great benefits depending on the applications you choose for it. Applications may include basements, enclosed or open porches, finished attic space or even a bedroom. Mobile homes would be well suited to a few of these ceiling fans.