The Top 5 Heated Mattress Pads Reviewed
Are you tired of being cold every time you crawl into your bed at night?
If you live anywhere close to where I live (Michigan), you know there can be some cold, winter nights.
So, you should eliminate sleeping on a cold mattress by investing in a heated one. That doesn’t mean you need to buy a new mattress – just adding a heated mattress pad to your existing mattress is enough to keep you toasty warm at night.
For your convenience, I review the top ones I found in detail below. But for those of you in a hurry, here are the pads I looked at in my roundup:
Best Heated Mattress Pads
I was glad to see there are a lot of companies starting to offer heated sleeping pads. But that also means you have to sort through a bunch to find the right one for your needs. I looked at the latest entries, compared price and owner feedback, and came up with these picks for the best heated mattress pad:
This list couldn’t start off with a better-heated mattress than with the one by SoftHeat. Their Micro-Plush Heated Mattress has a Micro-Velour fabric top that is designed to be ultra-soft and extra-warm. To make sure it’s the right temperature each time you sleep on the mattress, there is an automatic pre-heat feature. However, you also don’t have to worry about being overheated as the mattress has protection against it. If you and a partner are both sleeping on this mattress, you both can have different temperatures as it’s divided into two separate zones. All was done to ensure the perfect amount of warmth for you every time you fall asleep.
As with every single product in the world, there are some downsides that you should be aware of. However, I thought you should know the biggest one. If you live in an old home, a problem could arise for you. Due to each side of the mattress having a separate controller, they both need a 3-prong outlet to plug into. However, most old homes have 2-prong outlets and fewer outlets (in general).
- INCLUDES: (1) Electric heated mattress pad
- MATERIALS: Micro-Velour fabric with built in micro-thin wires for more even heat distribution without the bulkiness. Pocket Depth: 18 inch. Cord Length: 19 Feet
- FEATURES: Patented Safe & Warm non-hazardous low voltage technology is safe in the presence of moisture, will not harm pets, and emits no EMFs. Our patented low voltage technology is the only electric mattress pad technology that is certified as non-hazardous. Dual controls automatically shuts off after 10 hours for convenience.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Micro-Velour fabric top is designed to rejuvenate and warm your bed. Easy care machine washable & dryable; no pilling, shrinking or stretching.
- DIMENSIONS: California King - 72" x 84" x 10"
Next up is another brilliant pad: The All Season King from Sunbeam. If you have a mattress that is up to 21” in size, then this 100 percent cotton mattress pad will easily fit on top. When in operation, you can choose between 10 different heating settings. This gives you a lot of leeway on how warm you want your mattress (which will vary depending on the weather outside). To save you energy, Sunbeam designed their mattress with a 10-hour auto-off feature. Much like the SoftHeat Micro-Plush, you and a partner can have different heating settings on each side of the bed.
For some of you, it’s all about what the downsides are. To be honest, when making a final decision they tend to stick out more. There aren’t too many annoyances or inconveniences that you will find with this mattress pad, expect for a couple. Firstly, there is a specific spot where the cord plugs into the blanket and it’s in a very annoying spot. Secondly, when trying to plug that cord into the wall a lot of excess cord gets in the way. And as it is with most of the entries in this buyers guide, these pads are for heat not mattress protection. If that is your goal, you would be better served to look for the best rated mattress protector instead.
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE – Never climb into cold sheets again. Luxury Quilted Electric Heated Mattress Pad. Twin and Full size include 1 controller. Queen and King size include 2 controllers. 35% Quilted Cotton / 65% Polyester Top, 100% Polyester Bottom
- THERAPUETIC FULL BODY RELIEF WITH ADJUSTABLE HEAT SETTINGS – The cozy Luxury Quilted Electric Heated Mattress Pad has ultra-thin heating wires for added comfort. The Controller Includes Auto-Off and Preheat Features and 20 heat settings.
- SAFETY - ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY – The controller includes an auto shut-off timer for safety and reliability. All Sunbeam Mattress Pads are tested and approved by a 3rd party (UL or ETK Intertek) to comply with industry safety standards.
- EASY CARE – Fits Matresses up to 21 inches deep. Do not use an extension cord or power strip for these mattress pads.
- WARRANTY - 5 year limited manufacturer's warranty.
Adding to the already impressive heated mattress pads on this list is the Biddeford Electric version. To account for whatever bed size you have (queen, twin, full and king), Biddeford sells their mattress pad in all forms. Just as the Sunbeam KING Mattress Pad has, this pad has 10 different heating settings with an auto-off feature to save you energy. When you are sleeping on this pad, the wires (underneath) are so thin that you will never notice they are there. If you decide that it’s becoming too dirty, you can safely clean it in your washing machine.
The previous two entries had downsides that you may never pay any mind to, but there is a very noticeable one with this mattress pad. In general, it takes a while for it to heat up. This happens even if you have it on the highest heating setting. When it finally does get warm, you will notice that it doesn’t get very hot. My advice to you is if you want a lukewarm (at times warmer) mattress pad, then invest in this.
- Theraputic Heat. Twin Size - 85 Watts (120Vac)
- 100-Percent Polyester Skirted Mattress Pad
- Machine Wash and Dry
- Zipper Bag with Handles
- 5 Year Warranty
I don’t know about you, but I am starting to get overwhelmed. The logical way to fix this? Give you another great heated mattress to completely rattle your brain. Indeed, the King-Long Heated Mattress from Electrowarmth will do just that. On every single heat setting, there is a quick heat up feature. Chances are, you won’t even notice this as it will come on high for a period of time then drop back down to your selected heat setting. What’s cool is when you turn the pad back on after being off, it will stay at the last setting it was at. If you intend to sleep with the same setting every night, you never have to change it.
If you are the type that gets up in the middle of the night (whether to go the bathroom or get a snack), you will notice something about this mattress pad. To keep from disturbing your sleep, the power light goes off. The problem? If you hit the button to turn it off, you don’t know if it’s off (as all of the buttons feel the same in the dark).
- 10 warming settings provide personalized comfort with quick heat up feature
- Save energy cost turn down your home thermostat which pays for the bed warmer over and over again.
- Electrowarmth warming system delivers consistent warmth and will safely shut down if ever used in an unsafe manner. etl approved for your safety.
- Full one year warranty with 30 day money back guarantee. A non-heated mattress pad (optional) may be used over the heated mattress pad (we actually recommend it) as an added layer to protect and increase longevity of the heated mattress pad
- machine wash and dry.
Capping off this overly-impressive list is the mattress pad from Microplush. At this point, you know all of the great features that these mattress pads have (ultra-thin wires, energy saving technology and comfort). Microplush included many of the same great features with their version, as well. As a safety measure, you can rest assure that there is no chance of you getting injured from the voltage as it has around the same as a few batteries.
There is no doubt in my mind that the best way for you to narrow down your decision (if you are looking to invest in one of these), is to way the negatives against one another. In general, although this is a great pad while it lasts, this will not last as long as the other mattress pads on this list. While it’s new, it may be the best of the bunch. However, it just doesn’t have the longevity of most of the others.
- 📢📢📢Upgrade your existing mattress with a layer of comfort for all seasons. A soft and snuggly plush fleece side keeps you warm in the winter while the reverse side helps to keep you cool all summer long. You'll simply flip for this two-in-one reversible bed topper!
- ❤️❤️❤️SUPPORT & PRESSURE RELIEF:Our unique construction and use of new generation materials tested in the sweet spot of firmness and pressure relief to meet the needs of the majority of sleepers.
- ❤️❤️❤️SuperLoft fill: Hand-filled for maximum high-loft comfort. 15 oz. of fill per sq. yd. for ultimate comfort and loft.Compared with normal snow down alternative fill.
- ❤️❤️❤️Fully Elasticized Stretch Skirt: 8-15" stretch skirt stretches to fit your mattress, Elastic band holds pad securely in place.
- ❤️❤️❤️CUSTOMER FRIENDLY 1-YEAR WARRANTY comes standard on all BAURAMORE mattresses. . Call or email anytime for support. Our US based team is here to help!
How to put a fitted mattress pad on a bed
Once you have the best mattress pad, it is important the you know how to put it on properly. This video will show you how to do that:
On cold winter nights, having a heated mattress pad is so amazing. You will thank yourself every day that you decided to invest in one. Now, you have the difficult task of deciding between these five!