Top Dive Watches Under $500 Reviewed
An expensive, high quality watch makes an impressionable gift, but it’s not for everyone.
In fact, many people that have high quality watches, such as dive watches, don’t even wear them. They store them away in vaults or safes to protect their investment.
Dive watches make an impressive fashion statement, but some people feel that they are too large and bulky for everyday use.
How do you know if you truly have a dive watch? A dive watch is designed to withstand immersion to a depth of at least 100 meters and to satisfy requirements specified in ISO standard 6425.
Fortunately, you can have the best of both worlds. It’s possible to get a high quality dive watch that you can wear every day for a reasonable price.
Dive Watches vs. Sport Watches
Most dive watches and sport watches are exceptionally well made. Sportsmen of every kind appreciate the features and value of a dive watch, but the reverse is generally not accurate. Watches that are made for other sports don’t make good watches for diving.
You can buy sport watches for nearly every sport imaginable. There are golf watches that measure the distance to the green. Hunters can buy watches that calculate ballistics. Ski watches accurately time ski runs. Flying watches incorporate all of the time zones into their designs. For sports where durability is a concern like racquetball, mountaineering, sky diving, or other rugged sports, you can find affordable watches that are durable and can take a beating.
Dive watches have to resist water in the murky depths of the ocean. They also have to be capable of functioning and resisting pressure at incredible depths. Of every watch available, dive watches are the best built and most reliable timepieces. If your watch doesn’t fail you at the bottom of the ocean, it won’t fail you when you are surfing or sailing. It can certainly hold up for rigorous sports where it won’t even get wet.
The Best Dive Watches Under $500
There are a lot of watch manufacturers targeting the diving niche, but not all diving watches are created equal. To help you find a great watch within your budget, here are our picks for the best dive watches under $500:
This is an automatic self-winding diver’s watch that you wind with the motion of your wrist. It has 21 jewels and a unidirectional bezel with an off-center crown. It has a sharp looking, easy to read black dial with a day and date window. It has a stainless steel casing and a synthetic band with buckle. It’s water resistant to 200 meters and it meets ISO standards. It is suitable for scuba diving.
- Stainless steel watch featuring two-tone unidirectional bezel, luminous hands and indices, and day/date window at 3 o'clock
- Stainless steel case with hardlex dial window
- Automatic movement with analog display
- Stainless steel bracelet with fold-over-clasp-with-safety closure.Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not scuba diving
- Case size:42mm
Jiusko makes this watch manufactured of titanium. It has a luminous display, date window, and day subdial. It also has a 40-hour power reserve and will withstand depths of up to 300 meters. It has a strong titanium case and a synthetic sapphire dial window. It has 24 jewels, an analog display, and rewinds with the flick of your wrist. One of the nicest features of this dive watch is the automatic helium release valve that is perfect for scuba diving.
- COOL AQUA BLUE DIVER FOR MEN and WOMEN. Classically sized at 38mm Case Diameter, this watch is perfect for women who want a real diving watch or for men who want a fashion yet classy-style diver
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION high grade stainless steel case, crown and buckle. 300M WATER RESISTANT makes it suitable for scuba diving - screw down crown will protect water from entering the mechanism - Helium Valve at the 9:00 case position - Quality Blue Rubber Band for comfortable wrist experience secures with a logo buckle. OCEAN INSPIRED UNIQUE CASEBACK DESIGN embossed caseback detail, designed with professional divers in mind
- SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL; Sapphire is the best scratchproof crystal which protects the face and provide long term beauty. Dial is Aqua Blue color matching the high quality Aqua Blue rubber strap. Strap is comfortable and secures with a logo buckle. LUMINOUS DISPLAY for low light; luminous round markers and hour hands. CALENDAR DATE display at 3 o'clock position
- ROTATING CERAMIC BEZEL unidirectional stainless steel bezel with black ceramic inner bezel with luminous markings
- PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATION watch comes in a Jiusko hard shell black case - manual and warranty card come in a leatherette magnetic card holder - also included a watch care cloth
This watch brings value for the recreational scuba diver. It resists water to 200 meters. It has a stainless steel casing with a Swiss-quartz movement and mineral crystal. With a unique illumination system, the hands and dial glow 100 times brighter than other luminous watches. It has a black face with white Arabic numbers and a date function at 3 o’clock. You won’t need to change the battery for 4 years and it comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Quartz Movement, Case material: Carbon reinforced PC
- Case Bezel: Rotating 1-Way Diver, Case Back: Caseback with Screws, Crown: Double-Security Gasket
- Case diameter: 43 mm
- Polyurethane case, Black dial, Date function, Strap/Bracelet material Rubber / Silicone / PU
- Water resistance 200 m / 660 ft / 20 atm
This watch is a viable choice for the recreational diver. It has a complete RGBM dive computer that allows you to program air, nitrox, and gauge modes. It has a single-button interface and an audible alarm. The larger-sized digits are easy to read in high definition. It has a battery life indicator and can be re-set after every use. It’s simple, functional, and comes in 14 color combinations.
- Single Button Interface: Modes: Air, Nitrox and Gauge
- Large Numerical Displays, Back Light Feature for Low Light Conditions
- Depth, Dive Times, Decompression Status, Ascent Rate & Surface Interval Times
- Imperial (feet) or Metric (meters) System Selections
Stuhrling makes this round-faced watch in stainless steel with either a red or blue face design. It has a Japanese Miyota movement with analog display and white markers. The hands on this beautiful watch are luminescent, along with the indices, which makes it very easy to read. It comes with a coin edge bezel and is finished with a signed crown that screws down, making it waterproof to 100 meters.
- EASY TO READ luminescent hands and indices, collected in a coin edge bezel and finished with a signed screw down crown.
- ULTRA-ACCURATE and reliable Japanese Miyota movement for precision time keeping on your wrist watch
- Finished with a high grade rubber strap and a tang buckle the that brings seamless style to a sturdy everyday watch
- WATER RESISTANT Our Depthmaster Dive Watch is protected up to 10 ATM (100 meters/330 feet), suitable for swimming and snorkeling.
- COMPREHENSIVE WARRANTY: All Stührling Timepieces include a 2 Year Comprehensive International Warranty for your peace of mind - 100% customer satisfaction is our goal!
Seiko offers this dive watch that is solar-powered and has luminous hands and markers. It has a black dial, silver-tone hands and markers, and has three chronograph subdials. It is water resistant to 200 meters, so it’s better suited for water sports and professional marine activity rather than scuba diving. The casing is made of stainless steel and it has a Hardlex dial window. It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Solar-power bracelet watch with black dial featuring luminous hands and markers and three chronograph subdials,
- 43 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Stainless steel bracelet with fold-over clasp and double-push-button safety
- Recharge by light satisfactory(i.e. 3.5 with 10,000 lux etc)
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports.
Using A Diving Watch
If you’ve never used a diving watch before, you might not know how to get the most out of one. Here is a good YouTube video that walks you through the basics:
Good quality dive watches are plentiful. The key to finding a good dive watch is to determine which features you really need and look for a watch that offers them at a price that is within your budget. There’s no need to break the bank if you are only interested in recreational scuba diving while you are on vacation near the ocean. If you are a serious diver, it makes good sense to get a more expensive, higher quality dive watch.