The Top 4 Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaners Reviewed
Considering how much wear they get over time, ceramic tile floors still usually look great and require relatively little maintenance. It’s usually not difficult to mop up spillages and give them the once-over every now and then. That said, it’s always better to use a quality cleaner when doing so, and that’s why we’ve listed the best ones here.
Best Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
This Black Diamond floor cleaner, as you can tell from the name, is designed with ceramic tile floors in mind. It is highly concentrated and can be used safely on a number of materials, including ceramic, slate, granite, marble and more. It smells fresh and is fully biodegradable, meaning that it’s environmentally friendly and okay to use with your septic tank.
What Are the Pros and Cons of this Floor Cleaner?
Obviously the most important thing you want to know is whether it cleans effectively and safely or not, and the answer to both of those questions is a resounding yes. It loosens dirt and dust away from the tile surface and the grouting, ready to be lifted off by your mop or sponge. It doesn’t affect the tile or grouting in any other way – if you simply leave it, it will evaporate without any traces or stains. You only need to mix a very small part of the cleaner with water, too, so it should last a long time.
- SAFE, DEEP CLEANER for Marble, Limestone, Travertine, Granite, Slate, Ceramic & Porcelain tile
- STREAK- FREE CLEAN EVERY TIME! No-rinse Hypoallergenic formula.
- VERY CONCENTRATED use only 2-4 oz. per gallon of water.
- THE ONLY YOU WILL NEED to keep all of your hard surface flooring looking great!
- IS SAFE AROUND CHILDREN AND PETS. Eco-friendly and biodegradable.
Bona’s floor cleaner is popular with those who own laminate floors, but it’s also intended for use on stone and tile floors. If you have a combination of these, it seems pretty obvious that this should be your cleaner of choice. The formula protects tiles and makes it easy to mop away old stains or grime that has been in one place for a long time. Despite its power, it’s not dangerous to leave on the tiles either, as it won’t damage them and it isn’t hazardous to your family’s health.
What’s Good About It and What Isn’t?
Apart from the fact that it works and it’s safe, the main appeal of the Bona floor cleaner is it diversity of applications. No matter whether you have rooms with stone, vinyl, marble, ceramic or some other type of flooring, it’s likely that this cleaner can handle them all. Unlike some other cleaners, it doesn’t leave marks or streaks that need to be wiped away, either. Just mop away the dirt and grime.
For a regular no frills cleaner you’ll do well to find anything better and simpler than Armstrong’s Once & Done. As the name suggests, this cleaner is designed to save you time by quickly loosening up any stubborn bits of dirt, stains and so on, so that you can wipe them away with just one passing of the mop or sponge. You don’t need to rinse and it’s intended for use especially on ceramic and marble tiles.
What Are the Good and Bad Points about this Cleaner?
As mentioned, this is a cleaner for convenience. Just spray and mop. It doesn’t leave any streaks or film and a little bit goes a surprisingly long way. It won’t damage your grouting, but it shouldn’t be used on other types of flooring, such as lino or flooring made of hardwood. It won’t pose any health hazards when used properly – if you spray and forget to wipe it away, it will eventually disappear, but you’ll still have to wipe away the loose dirt, of course.
- For routine cleaning
- Great for no-wax vinyl, ceramic, marble and more
- No rinsing required
- Leaves no dulling film
- Concentrate formula
Another great and simple option for tiles and stone is Granite Gold’s floor cleaner. As it has been specifically developed for stone and tile floors, it’s a better bet than most regular cleaners. Granite Gold doesn’t leave residue and doesn’t damage your tiles in any way. You simply need to spray and wipe away. There’s no need to rinse your mop either – just let the floor dry by itself after you’ve finished mopping. This floor cleaner is highly concentrated and is designed to be used weekly, rather than daily. All of that means it’s simple, effective and long-lasting.
What’s So Good About It? What’s Not?
Granite Gold has a name for itself in the stone and tile industries, so if anyone knows how best to take care of your tile flooring, it’s them. It’s great for ceramic, slate, marble and granite, plus it’s completely free from chemicals which could pose a hazard to your family’s health after use, such as ammonia. This absence of strong chemicals is also kind to the surface itself.
- CONCENTRATED FLOOR CLEANER – Granite Gold Stone and Tile Floor Cleaner is a cleaning solution specially formulated for your stone, slate and tile floors. It comes in a cost-saving, concentrated 32 ounce bottle.
- DEEP CLEANING FORMULA – You will love how effortless it is to clean with this stone floor cleaner. The no-rinse cleaner breaks down dirt and oils and maintains your floors shine.
- WORKS OF MANY SURFACES – This tile and floor cleaner is suitable for many floor surfaces such as granite, marble, travertine and all other natural stone and ceramic tile surfaces.
- GLISTENING RESULTS – Never worry about unsightly streaks or mop marks when using this granite floor cleaner. It leaves a gorgeous, streak-free result every time.
- HIGHEST-QUALITY CLEANER – The all-natural formula is non-toxic and non-acidic. It is neutral pH balanced, biodegradable and contains no phosphates or ammonia. The cleaner is proudly made in the USA.
Ceramic tile floors require their own specialized cleaning and maintenance periodically. The World Floor Covering Association gives a set of instructions on caring for your ceramic tile floors in the video below.
In order to make sure you choose the right tile floor cleaner for your needs, decide which surfaces you need to use it on and the desired effect you want (easy to clean, leaves shine, etc.). Once you’ve done that, take another look at the cleaners we’ve seen here and it should be obvious which one to choose.