The Top 5 All-Weather Floor Mats Reviewed
If you’re a car owner, then certainly the last thing you want is the elements of the weather to ruin your car. So, no matter the climate you live in, you’re sure to have weather every now and then that can wreak havoc on your car’s interior. This is why you need to have the absolute best all weather floor mats. As such, we’ve compiled a review of the top floor mats for your car. Whether you live in the warm south or the frigid north, we’ll provide you with some options for the best floor mat for every location and climate.
Best All-Weather Floor Mats
The first floor mat we’d like to review is from the Husky floor mat line. First off, this is a very popular brand among automobile enthusiasts. These mats are an excellent choice especially if you and/or your passengers tend to be a bit hard on your floor mats. These mats will fit excellent in your car, they cover most, if not all of the floor, and they offer excellent protection from rain, snow, and mud because they are contoured to fit perfectly in your vehicle.
One of the biggest reasons we love the Husky brand is that they offer a lifetime warranty on its floor liners, so you really can’t beat that.
A few other great features to these mats is that they are made from a material that resists chemicals, there are nibs on the bottom of the mat that help secure the mats in place, they have a form-fitting edge that keeps everything the mat is collecting off of your carpet, and they are designed by laser scanning for the best fit. They also have a “raised rib” design to allow you the best fit, and they’re guaranteed to never break or crack.
A couple of small details that provide the downside to these liners. First, they don’t offer them for all vehicle types, And second, there slight defects in the design in that the grooves aren’t designed to direct excess liquid away from your feet. Other than those small details, we’d say these liners are a fantastic choice.
- Our FormFit Design process perfectly forms each liner to the detailed contours of your specific ride.
- Our exclusive StayPut Cleats help keep your liners securely in place.
- Our sporty liner material is rugged and can stand up to abuse like no other.
- No hassle lifetime guarantee. For details: HuskyLiners.com/ForLife
- Made in the USA.
The next floor liner set we’d like to review is from the WeatherTech brand. These are also an excellent choice for those that really want the ultimate in floor protection for their vehicles. These floor mats are designed to fit exactly in specific vehicles, which means they provide complete coverage. They have raised edges which mean they trap and contain excess liquid. They’ll protect your vehicle from a variety of weather-related liquid such as muck, snow and water, along with other messy substances that can get spilled or tracked onto your car’s floor.
These mats also are made with a design pattern that is made to move the fluid away from your feet. These liners are made with a taller lip around the perimeter of the mat to help contain that liquid. Lastly, these liners are easy to install and remove, and they come in a wide variety of fits for a number of different vehicle makes and models.
The downside to this particular brand of floor liners is that they don’t seem to have the best customer service department, and some users have reported that the floor liner on the driver’s side tends to move up and catch onto the gas and/or brake pedal. This could be because the owner is not properly installing the floor liner, however, as they are made to stay connected to the floor rug.
- Compatible with 07-13 GMC SILVERADO/SIERRA/TAHOE/YUKON/SUBURBAN/AVAL/ESV FRONT BLACK LINERS
- Accurately/completely lines the interior carpet
- High-density tri-extended material
- Rigid core strength, offers surface friction
- Advanced surfacing minimizes fluid movement
3. Rugged Ridge
The next set of floor liners that we would like to present to you is the Rugged Ridge line of floor liners. These are another great set and they use state-of-the-art technology that ensures a perfect fit by fitting to the contour of your car’s floor. They have chevron-shaped patterns that channel mud, dirt and snow away from your feet to help keep your pants and shoes clean while driving or riding in the car. These mats also are designed to contain the movement of any trapped liquid.
The Rugged Ridge liners are also built with a high perimeter wall that offers added interior protection. The technology used to create these mats means they provide a nonslip surface but provide you with the look and feel of rubber. The raised nibs on the bottom of the mat prevent moisture and dirt from getting through. They are easy to remove and clean, as well.
The downside to these mats is that the cargo liner may not fit the back of your SUV. All in all, these are another great product that we can give our high recommendation on.
- HEAVY DUTY FLOOR MATS: Deep rib floor mat set features a molded chevron-shape tread pattern that captures dirt, mud & snow. Floor mats reseal themselves to the floor hook attachment where applicable.
- ALL TERRAIN MATS: Made of high pressure injection molded from OE-quality thermoplastic with a nonslip surface, the all weather floormats are great for off roading. Raised nibs on the bottom provide a secure grip.
- FLOOR MATS FOR TRUCKS: Keep your Jeep or truck cleaner for longer periods of time with a variety of heavy duty floor mats for the front & back seats. Protect original flooring from permanent grass, mud & dirt stains.
- RUGGED RIDGE JEEP PARTS: Count on Rugged Ridge to provide you with proven Jeep parts & accessories like, bumper, lift kits, wheels, interior accessories, floor liners & more for varying Jeep models
- FIVE YEAR WARRANTY: Rugged Ridge products are covered by a 5 year warranty & Rugged Ridge Floor Liners have Limited Lifetime Warranties, providing customers with repair or replacements subject to certain common exclusions.
The floor mats that come in at number four are from the Intro-Tech brand. These mats are somewhere between the high-quality and budget liners, and they provide a custom fit and wall-to-wall coverage. We are choosing these mats because they are geared for those who are on a tighter budget, but the best thing about these mats is that their fit matches the fit of a set of premium liners.
One of the best features of these mats is that they include holes in the driver’s mat that matches the factory mounting points. This feature is vital to the safety of the driver. Also, the design of these mats helps to contain liquid and spills. Hexomat provides fits for up to 11,000 different models, and while that’s not as many as the WeatherTech brand, it’s certainly enough that you’re sure to find the mats fit your vehicle.
The downside to these mats are that they don’t seem to contain liquid as well as the higher-quality brands, subsequently spilling onto the rug.
- All season custom auto mat
- Non-fading and no cracking
- Tremendous liquid holding capacity
- Will keep debris, sand, mud and rocks in place within the hexo shaped pockets
- Non-skid nib backing provides optimum traction
Our final review is for the budget conscious with the Motor Trend floor liners. These are heavier and larger than some budget brands, the fit better in larger footwells. They have a two-tone finish which can give them the overall appeal that they are more upscale. The lighter color portion of the mat seems to be stain resistant.
The downside to this value brand is that they don’t have a lip around the perimeter of the mat, and they have a smoother finish which allows liquid to run off. They also tend to move around more than some car owners would like.
- Flex Tough – Our Advanced Performance Rubber Polymers are Tested for Extreme Conditions to Ensure they Don't Crack, Split or Deform
- No-Slip Grip – Rubberized Nibs on the Bottom so the Mat Does not Move – Ergonomic Grooves on Top to Give your Foot Traction & Comfort
- Built for Protection – Guard Against Spills, or Debris – Built to Last through Rain, Snow, Mud and More
- Designed for Compatibility – Made to be Trimble to Fit your Vehicle’s Floor Contours with only a Pair of Scissors
- Please Check the Dimensions before Installation – Front (31.5" L x 22.5" W) Rear (58" L x 18" W)
How to install an all-weather floor mat
Once you find the best floor mat for your vehicle, you will need to make sure it is installed properly. Watch this video by WeatherTech that demonstrates how to install your all-weather floor mat:
As you can see, depending on your budget, there are a variety of all-weather floor mats that will fit your needs, and your vehicle.